9-1-1 System Law and Legal Definition
9-1-1 system refers to nine-one-one emergency telephone number established to provide emergency help as far as possible. It is a system through which individuals can request emergency service using the telephone number 9-1-1. It connects citizens with operators who are trained to process calls for assistance as quickly and efficiently as possible.
The following is a state law that provides a statutory framework regarding 9-1-1System :
The state, the state highway patrol, or a subdivision participating in a 9-1-1 system and any officer, agent, employee, or independent contractor of the state, the state highway patrol, or such a participating subdivision is not liable in damages in a civil action for injuries, death, or loss to persons or property arising from any act or omission, except willful or wanton misconduct, in connection with developing, adopting, or approving any final plan or any agreement for bringing into operation the 9-1-1 system. [ORC Ann. 4931.49].
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- Accelerated Cost Recovery System
- Active Solar System
- Actuarially Sound Retirement System
- Adaptive Ecosystem Management
- Administrative Governor [Federal Reserve System]
- Adoption and Foster Care Analysis and Reporting System (AFCARS)
- Advanced Automobile Propulsion System
- Advanced Truck Stop Electrification System
- Adversarial System
- Advisory Councils of Federal Reserve System