Accord has the following meanings
- An amicable agreement between people or nations.
- An offer to give or accept a stipulated performance in the future to satisfy an obligor’s existing duty along with an acceptance of that offer.
- A signal used in a legal citation to introduce a case supporting a proposition for which another case is quoted directly. In other words identification of one case that clearly supports the proposition for which another case is being quoted.
- To furnish or grant what is suitable or proper. For example “ To accord the litigants stay of costs while the appeal is pending.”
- To agree. For example “they accord in their opinions.”