Adequate Compensation [Eminent Domain] Law and Legal Definition
When used in the context of eminent domain, adequate compensation means a fair payment by the government for the property it has acquired under eminent domain. The amount paid as adequate compensation is ordinarily the property’s fair market value. An adequate compensation is given to ensure that the owner is not worse off after the taking.
Adequate compensation is also termed due compensation, just compensation, or land damages.
Legal Definition list
- Adequate and Independent Decision
- Adequate and Full Consideration in Money or Money’s Worth
- Adequate Airport [Aeronautics and Space]
- Ademption by Satisfaction
- Ademption by Extinction
- Adequate Compensation [Eminent Domain]
- Adequate Consideration
- Adequate Disclosure
- Adequate Evidence
- Adequate Information
- Adequate Parental Care