Administrator C.T.A. Law and Legal Definition
Administrator C.T.A. is the abbreviation of administrator cum testaments annex, which means 'administrator to the will annexed'. Administrator C.T.A is appointed appointed by the court where the testator had made an incomplete will without naming any executors or had named incapable persons, or where the executors named refuse to act.
An Administrator C.T.A. is appointed by the residuary clause in the will. S/he must sign a surety bond. When an Administrator C.T.A. pays funeral expenses, taxes, or performs any child support for the beneficiaries, persons inheriting decedent’s estate must execute refunding bonds and releases.
Legal Definition list
- Administrator C.T.A.
- Administrator Ad Litem
- Administratively Separate Unit
- Administrative-Control Rule
- Administrator De Bonis Non [D.B.N]
- Administrator Durante Minoritate Administratoris
- Administrator of an Employee Benefit Plan
- Administrator of Decedent's Estate
- Administrator Pendente Lite
- Administrator with Will Annexed