An admission by a party-opponent is a statement offered against another party that meets one of the following criteria:
1. The party against whom the statement is being offered is also the declarant of that statement either personally or in a representative capacity.
2. The party against whom the statement is being offered manifested an adoption or belief in the statement's truth.
3. The party against whom the statement is being offered authorized the declarant to make the statement.
4. The statement is made by an agent of the party against whom it is being offered and concerns a matter within the scope of the employment and is made during the course of that employment.
5. The declarant was a co-conspirator of the party against whom the statement is being offered and the statement is in furtherance of their conspiracy.
Admission by party opponent is an exemption to the hearsay rule. [USCS Fed Rules Evid R 801].