Agriculture Conservation Experienced Services Program Law and Legal Definition
The Agriculture Conservation Experienced Services Program is a U.S. program that assists the Natural Resources Conservation Service of the U.S. Department of Agriculture by providing workers aged 55 years or above to support conservation related programs. Enrollees do meaningful and technical work to contribute to the conservation of America’s natural resources. This program uses the talents, experience, and knowledge of the American older community for conservation efforts. The program also helps enrollees to increase their skill levels, and help in building their financial security.
This program is also known as the ACES program.
The following is an example of a federal statute on the Agriculture conservation experienced services program:
16 USCS § 3851. Agriculture conservation experienced services program
(a) Establishment and purpose. The Secretary shall establish a conservation experienced services program (in this section referred to as the 'ACES Program') for the purpose of utilizing the talents of individuals who are age 55 or older, but who are not employees of the Department of Agriculture or a State agriculture department, to provide technical services in support of the conservation-related programs and authorities carried out by the Secretary. Such technical services may include conservation planning assistance, technical consultation, and assistance with design and implementation of conservation practices.
(b) Program agreements.
(1) Relation to older American community service employment program. Notwithstanding any other provision of law relating to Federal grants, cooperative agreements, or contracts, to carry out the ACES program during a fiscal year, the Secretary may enter into agreements with nonprofit private agencies and organizations eligible to receive grants for that fiscal year under the Community Service Senior Opportunities Act (42 U.S.C. 3056 et seq.) to secure participants for the ACES program who will provide technical services under the ACES program.
(2) Required determination. Before entering into an agreement under paragraph (1), the Secretary shall ensure that the agreement would not:
(A) result in the displacement of individuals employed by the Department, including partial displacement through reduction of non-overtime hours, wages, or employment benefits;
(B) result in the use of an individual under the ACES program for a job or function in a case in which a Federal employee is in a layoff status from the same or a substantially-equivalent job or function with the Department; or
(C) affect existing contracts for services.
(c) Funding source.1(1) In general. Except as provided in paragraph (2), the Secretary may carry out the ACES program using funds made available to carry out each program under this title [7 USCS §§ 3801 et seq.].
(2) Exclusions. Funds made available to carry out the following programs may not be used to carry out the ACES program:
(A) The conservation reserve program.
(B) The wetlands reserve program.
(C) The grassland reserve program.
(D) The conservation stewardship program.
(d) Liability. An individual providing technical services under the ACES program is deemed to be an employee of the United States Government for purposes of chapter 171 of title 28, United States Code [28 USCS §§ 2671 et seq.], if the individual:
(1) is providing technical services pursuant to an agreement entered into under subsection (b); and
(2) is acting within the scope of the agreement.
Legal Definition list
- Agriculture Acquisition Regulation [AGAR]
- Agricultural Worker [Immigration]
- Agricultural Work
- Agricultural Trade Development and Assistance Act of 1954
- Agricultural Stabilization and Conservation Service
- Agriculture Conservation Experienced Services Program
- Agriculture Marketing Act
- Agriculture Subsidies
- Agroterrorist Act
- Aguilar-Spinelli Test
Related Legal Terms
- 30-Year Contract [Agriculture]
- 8 A Program
- Abandoned Security Property [Agriculture]
- Ability One Program
- Absent Uniformed Services Voter
- Abuse in Later Life Program [Department of Justice]
- Academic Competitiveness Grant (ACG) Program [Education]
- Accelerated Nursing Degree Program
- Acceptable Identification of Goods and Services Manual
- Action for the Loss of Services