Air Force Technical Applications Center [AFTAC] Law and Legal Definition
The Air Force Technical Applications Center (AFTAC) is an Air Force surveillance organization assigned to the Air Force Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Agency with primary duty of nuclear treaty monitoring and nuclear event detection.
AFTAC mission is to monitor nuclear treaties of all applicable signatory countries. This is accomplished via seismic, hydroacoustic and satellite detection systems. It provides national authorities quality technical measurements to monitor nuclear treaty compliance and develops advanced proliferation monitoring technologies to preserve the U.S. security.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- 432d Air Expeditionary Wing [432 AEW]
- Abbreviated New Drug Applications [ANDA]
- Accompanying the Armed Forces outside the United States
- Active Air Defense
- Active Military, Naval, or Air Service
- Adequate Airport [Aeronautics and Space]
- Afforcement of the Assize
- Aging and Disability Resource Center
- Agreement on Trade in Civil Aircraft
- Agricultural Aircraft Operation