Air Force Law and Legal Definition
On December 9, 1942, the U.S. Army was reorganized into three autonomous forces: Army Air Forces, Ground Forces and Services of Supply.
The Department of the Air Force, an agency of the Department of Defense, was established on September 18, 1947, pursuant to provisions of the National Security Act of the previous July 26. On September 26, 1947, by order of the Secretary of Defense, personnel of the Army Air Forces (AAF) were transferred from the Department of the Army (formerly the War Department) to the Department of the Air Force and established as the United States Air Force (USAF).
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- 432d Air Expeditionary Wing [432 AEW]
- Accompanying the Armed Forces outside the United States
- Active Air Defense
- Active Military, Naval, or Air Service
- Adequate Airport [Aeronautics and Space]
- Afforcement of the Assize
- Agreement on Trade in Civil Aircraft
- Agricultural Aircraft Operation
- Air Agency Certificate
- Air Ambulance