Air Pollution Control Agency Law and Legal Definition
According to 42 USCS § 7602 (b), the term air pollution control agency means “any of the following:
(1) A single State agency designated by the Governor of that State as the official State air pollution control agency for purposes of this Act.
(2) An agency established by two or more States and having substantial powers or duties pertaining to the prevention and control of air pollution.
(3) A city, county, or other local government health authority, or, in the case of any city, county, or other local government in which there is an agency other than the health authority charged with responsibility for enforcing ordinances or laws relating to the prevention and control of air pollution, such other agency.
(4) An agency of two or more municipalities located in the same State or in different States and having substantial powers or duties pertaining to the prevention and control of air pollution.
(5) An agency of an Indian tribe.”
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- 432d Air Expeditionary Wing [432 AEW]
- Access Control List [National Security]
- Access Control Mechanism [National Security]
- Accounting Controls
- Accredited Agency [Adoption]
- Accrediting Agency [Education]
- Act to Prevent Pollution from Ships
- Active Air Defense
- Active Military, Naval, or Air Service
- Adequate Airport [Aeronautics and Space]