American Academy of Forensic Sciences [AAFS] Law and Legal Definition
The American Academy of Forensic Sciences (AAFS) is a multi-disciplinary professional organization established to provide leadership to advance science and its application to the legal system. The AAFS aims to promote integrity, competency, education, foster research, improve practice, and encourage collaboration in the forensic sciences.
The AAFS members include physicians, attorneys, dentists, toxicologists, physical anthropologists, document examiners, psychiatrists, physicists, engineers, criminalists, educators, and digital evidence experts. The members actively practice forensic science; and teach and conduct research in the field. It acts as a professional society dedicated to the application of science to the law and promotes education and the elevation of accuracy, precision, and specificity in the forensic sciences.
Legal Definition list
- American Academy of Diplomacy
- American Academy of Actuaries [AAA]
- American 5-cent Coin Design Continuity Act of 2003
- America's Community Bankers
- Amerciamenta Hominum
- American Academy of Forensic Sciences [AAFS]
- American Academy of Psychiatry and the Law [AAPL]
- American Arbitration Association
- American Association for Justice [AAJ]
- American Association for the Advancement of Science [AAAS]
- American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education [AACTE]