Amnesty International Law and Legal Definition
Amnesty International is an international non-governmental organization that represents people from across the world standing for humanity and human rights. The organization aims to protect people wherever justice, freedom, truth, and dignity are denied. Amnesty International USA (AIUSA) is the U.S. Section of Amnesty International.
Amnesty International undertakes research and action focused on preventing and ending grave abuses of the rights to physical and mental integrity, freedom of conscience and expression, and freedom from discrimination, within the context of its work to promote all human rights.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- Academy for International Conflict Management and Peacebuilding [USIP]
- Advanced Placement or International Baccalaureate Course [Education]
- Ally [International Law]
- American College of Forensic Examiners International [ACFEI]
- American Society for International Law [ASIL]
- Amnesty Act
- Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials - International
- Bank for International Settlements
- Broadly Diversified International Equity Funds