Anatomical Gift Document Law and Legal Definition
Anatomical Gift Document means a donor card or other record used to make an anatomical gift. The term includes a statement or symbol on a driver's license, identification card, or donor registry.
The law has been revised to make the process of making an anatomical gift more streamlined. Formerly, anatomical gifts had to be executed with testamentary formalities, including the creation of a written instrument with two witnesses. The latest version of the statute eliminates the requirement of the witnesses. This change is to encourage the practice of allowing an anatomical gift to be made by a notation on a driver's license.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- Actuarial Documents [Federal Crop Insurance Corporation]
- Alien Documentation, Identification and Telecommunications Card
- Alien Documentation, Identification and Telecommunications System
- American Society of Questioned Document Examiners [ASQDE]
- Anatomical Gifts
- Annual Gift
- Breeder Document
- Capital Gift
- Charging Document [Immigration]
- Charitable Gift Annuity