Army and Air Force Exchange Service [AAFES] Law and Legal Definition
The Army & Air Force Exchange Service (AAFES) is an agency of the U.S. Department of Defense. AAFES aids soldiers, airmen, guardsmen, reservists, retirees, and their family members with services such as beauty shops, food outlets, catalog services, gas stations, movie theaters, and military clothing stores. The mission of AAFES is:
to provide quality product and services of necessity and convenience to authorized customers at uniform low prices, and
to produce reasonable earnings to attach appropriated funds for the support of U.S. Army and Air Force Morale, and Welfare and Recreation (MWR) programs.
The headquarters of AAFES is in Dallas, Texas. Generally, AAFES considers a business small when there are 499 or fewer employees engaged in the business.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- 1031 Exchange
- 21st Century Nanotechnology Research and Development Act of 2003
- 3-A Sanitary Standards and Accepted Practice
- 3-Way Incandescent Lamp
- 432d Air Expeditionary Wing [432 AEW]
- 480th Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Wing
- 70th Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Wing
- Abandon [Shipping]
- Abandoned Infant