Assistant Presiding Arbitrator Law and Legal Definition
Assistant presiding arbitrator is an arbitrator appointed to settle a non-criminal dispute in the absence of the presiding arbitrator. Assistant presiding arbitrators are generally appointed to meet the increased workload of the presiding arbitrator.
The term assistant presiding arbitrator is defined under Cal. St Bar Fee Arb. & Enforcement, Rule 1.0 1.2 as a person to whom the presiding arbitrator has delegated duties or who acts in place of the presiding arbitrator when s/he is not available or is unable to perform the required duties.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- Arbitrators Code of Ethics
- Assistant Jurisdiction
- Assistant Secretary of Defense for Public Affairs
- Assistantship (Education)
- Certified Legal Assistant
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Feeding Assistants
- Member of the Arbitrator's Extended Family
- Member of the Arbitrator's Immediate Family
- National Association of Legal Assistants