Basic Health Care Services Law and Legal Definition
Basic health care services includes in and out-of-area emergency services, inpatient hospital and physician care, outpatient medical services, laboratory and radiology services, and preventive health services [Va. Code Ann. § 38.2-4300].
Basic health care services shall also mean limited treatment of mental illness and substance abuse in accordance with minimum standards prescribed by the state health commission and it shall not exceed the level of services mandated for insurance carriers.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- Absent Uniformed Services Voter
- Accelerated Benefits (Health Care)
- Acceptable Identification of Goods and Services Manual
- Accumulation Value (Health Care)
- Action for the Loss of Services
- Actual Age (Health Care)
- Actuarial Equivalent (Health Care)
- Actuarial Services [Employee Retirement]
- Acute Care
- Additional Health Services