Black Operation Law and Legal Definition
A back operation refers to covert operation not referable to the organization that carried out the task. It is an intelligence operation so planned as to permit plausible denial by the sponsor.
A black operation does not involve activities that are highly clandestine and often outside of standard military protocol or even against the law. Secrecy in carrying out the operation is the essential feature of black operation. Usually no records are kept on black operations.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- Aerospace Control Operations
- Agreement on Border Environment Cooperation Commission
- Agricultural Aircraft Operation
- Aircraft Operations [Aeronautics and Space]
- Amalgamation of Operations [Transportation]
- Base Defense Operations Center (BDOC)
- Black Act
- Black Bass Conservation and Management
- Black Box Voting
- Black Box Warning