Bond Proceedings [Immigration] Law and Legal Definition
Bond proceeding refers to an immigration court hearing on a request to determine a bond set by the Department of Homeland Security.
Conducting bond hearings are an essential part of the daily activity of an Immigration Judge handling detained cases. Usually, a bond hearing may be a routine matter of simply readjusting the bond amount set by the United States Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS). It can also involve complex issues such as the nature of a criminal offense and/or an assessment of a lengthy criminal record.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- Accompanying Relative [Immigration]
- Accrual Bond
- Additional Bond Test
- Adjust Status [Immigration]
- Adjustment Bond
- Administrative Appeals Office [Immigration]
- Adopted Decision [Immigration]
- Agricultural Worker [Immigration]
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- American Municipal Bond Assurance Corporation