Build America Bonds Law and Legal Definition
Build America Bonds (BABs) are taxable governmental bonds that carry special tax credits and federal subsidies for either the bond issuer or the bondholder.
There are three types of BABs:
a. BABs (Tax Credit);
b. BABs (Direct Pay); and
c. Recovery Zone Economic Development Bonds, (RZEDBs).
Each type has a different subsidy, a different purpose for which it may be issued, and other varying rules.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- Academy for International Conflict Management and Peacebuilding [USIP]
- Administration for Native Americans
- Advanced Shipbuilding Technology
- African Americans
- America's Community Bankers
- American 5-cent Coin Design Continuity Act of 2003
- American Academy of Actuaries [AAA]
- American Academy of Diplomacy
- American Academy of Forensic Sciences [AAFS]
- American Academy of Psychiatry and the Law [AAPL]