Bureau of Transportation Statistics Law and Legal Definition
The Bureau of Transportation Statistics (BTS) is a unit within the U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT). It is a part of the Research and Innovative Technology Administration. The BTS was created in 1992 under the Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act. It is a statistical agency.
The BTS performs a number of functions to help the DOT in achieving its goal. Some of its duties include:
a. Compiling, analyzing, and making accessible information on the U.S. transportation systems.
b. Collecting information on intermodal transportation and other area.
c. Improving the quality and effectiveness of DOT's statistical programs through research.
d. Developing guidelines, and promoting improvements related to data acquisition and use.
Legal Definition list
- Bureau of the Public Debt
- Bureau of South Asian Affairs [Department of State]
- Bureau of Resource Management [Department of State]
- Bureau of Public Affairs [Department of State]
- Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration [Department of State]
- Bureau of Transportation Statistics
- Bureau of Verification, Compliance, and Implementation [Department of State]
- Bureau of Western Hemisphere Affairs [Department of State]
- Bureau Privacy Act Officer
- Bureau School
- Bureau-Funded School