C-2 Visa Law and Legal Definition

The C-2 Transit Visa is a Nonimmigrant Visa which allows foreign nationals traveling to the United Nations (UN) Headquarters on official work, as well U.N. officials passing through the U.S. to another foreign country, to enter into the U.S.

The foreign national may stay in the U.S. for a maximum period of 29 days and is required to depart on his/her proposed flight or ship or within 29 days, whichever is earlier. The C2 Visa period can not be extended and its holder can not apply for a change of status. If the foreign national is traveling along with his family, each member will have to apply for a separate C-2 Visa.

The holder of a C-2 Visa is required to:

1. Strictly engage his/her visit to the UN and limit his/her travel to the immediate vicinity of the UN Headquarters District, lying within 25-miles of Columbus Circle, New York City, New York. Any exception to this condition requires an appropriate Visa

2. Depart from the headquarters only in connection with his/her departure from the U.S.

3. Limit his/her stay in the U.S. for a maximum period of 29 days

4. Have sufficient permission to enter the country of his/her final destination (in case of transit).