- Find Attorney
There are numerous state and federal statutes which regulate chemicals. Some of the litigation related to chemicals involves:
1. Long term exposures to lead-based paint and other lead hazards;
2. Environmental due diligence and negotiation of representations, warranties and indemnification for commercial transactions;
3. Reactive airways dysfunction syndrome and other forms of chemically induced respiratory distress;
4. Mass tort litigation arising out of exposure to a wide variety of contaminants
5. Groundwater, subsurface and air contamination.
The Convention on the prohibition of the development, production, stockpiling and use of chemical weapons and on their destruction, The Chemical Weapons Convention (CWC) was adopted in 1993 and became effective in 1997. This landmark Convention complements and reinforces the 1925 Geneva Protocol prohibiting the use of chemical and biological weapons by also banning the development, production and stockpiling of chemical weapons — as well as their use — and requiring the destruction of existing stockpiles.
Some of the relevant legal forms include:
AOC-CVR-01; Affidavit and Revocation Report of Charging Officer or Chemical
Order Setting Cause for Hearing and Committing and Confining Defendant Without Notice to Mississippi Baptist Chemical Dependency Unit
Complaint for Emergency Commitment of a Chemically Dependent Person for Treatment
Judgment of Committal of a Chemically Dependent Person for Treatment