Child Sexual Abuse Law and Legal Definition
Child sexual abuse is a form of child abuse in which an adult or older adolescent uses a child for sexual stimulation.
The following is an example of a state law that provides a statutory framework regarding child sexual abuse.
Child sexual abuse means the commission of any act involving the unlawful sexual abuse, molestation, fondling, or carnal knowledge of a child under the age of 13 that would constitute a criminal offense. [Tenn. Code Ann. § 37-1-602].
Child sexual abuse can include:
a. engaging a child or soliciting a child for the purposes of prostitution; and
b. using a child to film, photograph, or model pornography.
Legal Definition list
- Child Sex Abuse
- Child Rider (Health Care)
- Child Protective Services (CPS) / Department of Social Services (DSS)
- Child Protective Custody
- Child Protection Act
- Child Sexual Abuse
- Child Sexual Abuse Accommodation Syndrome [CSAAS]
- Child Sexual Molestation
- Child Sexually Abusive Material
- Child Soldier
- Child Supplementary Aids and Service