Child Welfare Agency Law and Legal Definition
Child welfare agency refers to an administrative agency that is responsible for meeting the health and mental health needs of all children in state custody and for the for social work concerned with the welfare and vocational training of children.
The term child welfare agency means the state, territorial, or tribal agency responsible for child or family services and welfare [42 USCS § 3797cc-3 (b)(1)].
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- Abused Child
- Accredited Agency [Adoption]
- Accrediting Agency [Education]
- Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act
- Administering Agency
- Administration for Children and Families
- Administration on Children, Youth, and Families
- Administrative Agency
- Adopted Child
- Adoption Assistance and Child Welfare Act of 1980