Civil Society Entities Law and Legal Definition
Civil society entities refer to those non-governmental associations of citizens, charitable or otherwise, formed for the purpose of providing benefit to the members and to society. It includes non-governmental organizations engaged in humanitarian work.
Civil society entities are an important moderating force in society, providing a middle group between identification through either the state or tribe. A vibrant civil society helps to prevent extremism.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- Adoption Society
- Agreement on Trade in Civil Aircraft
- American Civil Liberties Union
- American Civil Rights Movement
- American Society for International Law [ASIL]
- American Society for Testing Material
- American Society of Appraisers [ASA]
- American Society of Composers Authors and Publishers (ASCAP)
- American Society of Criminology
- American Society of Forensic Odontology [ASFO]