Civil Society Law and Legal Definition
A civil society is a nongovernmental and nonprofit group that helps the society at large function while working to advance its own or others' well-being. It can include civic, educational, trade, labor, charitable, media, religious, recreational, cultural, and advocacy groups, as well as informal associations and social movements.
A strong civil society can protect individuals and groups against intrusive government and positively influence government behavior.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- Adoption Society
- Agreement on Trade in Civil Aircraft
- American Civil Liberties Union
- American Civil Rights Movement
- American Society for International Law [ASIL]
- American Society for Testing Material
- American Society of Appraisers [ASA]
- American Society of Composers Authors and Publishers (ASCAP)
- American Society of Criminology
- American Society of Forensic Odontology [ASFO]