Clandestine Laboratory Operation Law and Legal Definition
A clandestine laboratory operation may mean any of the following:
1. Purchase or procurement of chemicals, supplies, equipment, or laboratory location for the unlawful manufacture of controlled substances.
2. Transportation or arranging for the transportation of chemicals, supplies, or equipment for the unlawful manufacture of controlled substances.
3. Setting up of equipment or supplies in preparation for the unlawful manufacture of controlled substances.
4. Distribution or disposal of chemicals, equipment, supplies, or products used in or produced by the unlawful manufacture of controlled substances.
Most of these types of laboratories or labs are used to manufacture illegal drugs and the manufacturers of these drugs are criminally liable. For example, an illegal meth lab is a laboratory set up to make the illegal drug methamphetamine. The lab may be located anywhere activities can be hidden from view. Illegal meth labs have been found in storage units, motel rooms, trailer parks, apartments, and houses.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- Aerospace Control Operations
- Agreement on Border Environment Cooperation Commission
- Agricultural Aircraft Operation
- Aircraft Operations [Aeronautics and Space]
- Amalgamation of Operations [Transportation]
- Approved Laboratory [Agriculture]
- Base Defense Operations Center (BDOC)
- Black Operation
- Bureau of Overseas Buildings Operations [Department of State]
- Center for Post-Conflict Peace and Stability Operations [USIP]