Clear Days Law and Legal Definition
Clear days refer to full and complete days. This entails, in a computation of days, the exclusion of the first and last days, as is the accepted definition in Canada, England and the USA. Section 27 of the Canadian Interpretation Act defines clear days consistently with the Common law and also shows the result of not specifying clear days between two events, as follows:
"Where there is a reference to a number of clear days or at least a number of days between two events, in calculating that number of days the days on which the events happen are excluded.
"Where there is a reference to a number of days, not expressed to be clear days, between two events, in calculating that number of days the day on which the first event happens is excluded and the day on which the second event happens is included."
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- Advanced Nuclear Facility [Energy]
- Air Traffic Clearance
- Alert [Nuclear Regulatory Commission]
- Analytical Run [Nuclear Regulatory Commission]
- Annualized Medi-Cal Inpatient Paid Days
- Armed Escort [Nuclear Regulatory Commission]
- Assured Clear Distance Ahead
- Authorized Nuclear Pharmacist
- Authorized Nuclear User
- Automated Clearing House