Clinic Services Law and Legal Definition
According to 42 CFR 440.90 [Title 42, Public Health, Chapter IV,Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, Department of Health and Human Services, SubChapter C, Medical Assistance Programs, Part 440, Services, General Provisions, Subpart A, Definitions], clinic services means “preventive, diagnostic, therapeutic, rehabilitative, or palliative services that are furnished by a facility that is not part of a hospital but is organized and operated to provide medical care to outpatients”.
The term includes the following services furnished to outpatients:
- Services furnished at the clinic by or under the direction of a physician or dentist.
- Services furnished outside the clinic, by clinic personnel under the direction of a physician, to an eligible individual who does not reside in a permanent dwelling or does not have a fixed home or mailing address.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- Absent Uniformed Services Voter
- Acceptable Identification of Goods and Services Manual
- Action for the Loss of Services
- Actuarial Services [Employee Retirement]
- Additional Health Services
- Administrative Support Services [Education]
- Adult Day Services (ADS) (Health Care)
- Adult Protective Services
- Advanced Clinical Training
- Advisory and Assistance Services