College Law and Legal Definition
A college is a place of higher learning that grants the bachelor's degree in liberal arts or science or both. Various state and federal laws govern college activities.
The federal Higher Education Act (HEA) as Amended in 1998, Sec. 207 (also known as Title II) imposes various requirements on colleges. For example, any institution of higher education (IHE) that prepares teachers and receives any funds through the Higher Education Act must publicize licensure pass rates of graduated students. There are also requirements applicable to reporting of federal funding and admissions policies, among others.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education [AACTE]
- American College of Forensic Examiners International [ACFEI]
- College Board
- College Catalog
- College Trust
- Community Colleges
- Early College Entrance Programs
- Electoral College
- Hispanic-Serving Agricultural Colleges and Universities
- Historically Black College Or University