Company Law and Legal Definition
A Company can be a corporation, an association, partnership or union that carries on a commercial or industrial enterprise. There are different types of companies like a holding company, limited liability company, joint stock company, investment company, personal holding company etc. There are state specific laws for different types of Companies.
For Example according to the New Jersey Limited Liability Company Act, N.J. Stat. § 42:2B-2 Limited liability company" and "domestic limited liability company" means a limited liability company formed under the laws of this State and having one or more members.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- Accompanying Relative [Immigration]
- Accompanying Spouse and Dependents
- Accompanying the Armed Forces outside the United States
- Accompanying the Federal Government Outside the United States
- Accompanying Visa
- Affiliate and Associated Company
- Affiliated Company (Gaming Law)
- Armored Car Company
- Bank Holding Company
- Bank Service Company