Comprehensive Transition and Postsecondary Program for Students with Intellectual Disabilities [Education] Law and Legal Definition
Pursuant to 20 USCS § 1140 (1) [Title 20. Education; Chapter 28. Higher Education Resources and Student Assistance; Graduate and Postsecondary Improvement Programs; Programs to Provide Students with Disabilities with a Quality Higher Education], the term comprehensive transition and postsecondary program for students with intellectual disabilities means “a degree, certificate, or nondegree program that meets each of the following:
(A) Is offered by an institution of higher education.
(B) Is designed to support students with intellectual disabilities who are seeking to continue academic, career and technical, and independent living instruction at an institution of higher education in order to prepare for gainful employment.
(C) Includes an advising and curriculum structure.
(D) Requires students with intellectual disabilities to participate on not less than a half-time basis as determined by the institution, with such participation focusing on academic components, and occurring through 1 or more of the following activities:
(i) Regular enrollment in credit-bearing courses with nondisabled students offered by the institution.
(ii) Auditing or participating in courses with nondisabled students offered by the institution for which the student does not receive regular academic credit.
(iii) Enrollment in noncredit-bearing, nondegree courses with nondisabled students.
(iv) Participation in internships or work-based training in settings with nondisabled individuals.
(E) Requires students with intellectual disabilities to be socially and academically integrated with non-disabled students to the maximum extent possible.”
Legal Definition list
- Comprehensive Student Work-Learning-Service Program [Education]
- Comprehensive School Health Program
- Comprehensive Planning
- Comprehensive Outpatient Rehabilitation Facility Services
- Comprehensive Outpatient Rehabilitation Facility (CORF)
- Comprehensive Transition and Postsecondary Program for Students with Intellectual Disabilities [Education]
- Comprehensive Transition and Postsecondary Program [Education]
- Compressed Schedule
- Compressed Work Week
- Compromis Proper
Related Legal Terms
- 1040 Form
- 21st Century Nanotechnology Research and Development Act of 2003
- 3-A Sanitary Standards and Accepted Practice
- 3-Way Incandescent Lamp
- 4 Years with a One Year Cliff
- 480th Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Wing
- 504 Plan [Education]
- 70th Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Wing
- 8 A Program
- A Fortiori