Coordinate Jurisdiction Law and Legal Definition
Coordinate jurisdiction means more than one court has the authority to hear a case and make a determination on the outcome of the case. Coordinate jurisdiction exists in court systems where there are multiple courts. When multiple courts have concurrent jurisdiction over a claim, plaintiffs may deliberately pick the forum most favorable to them. In the U.S. Federal courts and state courts have concurrent jurisdiction to hear many types of actions.
Coordinate jurisdiction is also known as concurrent jurisdiction or overlapping jurisdiction.
Legal Definition list
- Cooperative State Research, Education, and Extension Service
- Cooperative Service Organizations of Operating Educational Organizations
- Cooperative Research And Training Units Act
- Cooperative Ownership
- Coordinate Jurisdiction
- Coordinated Bargaining
- Coordinated Program
- Coordinating Committee for Multilateral Export Controls [CoCom]
- Coordination Area
- Coordination of Benefits (COB)