Copy Protection Law and Legal Definition
Copy protection is a technological protection measure that restricts unauthorised copying of a copyright work. It is usually in the form of a software program and/or hardware as part of a computer, an audiovisual or audio device. Copy-protection measures prevent any copies being made or copies to be made from an original copy.
However, the copy protection attempt to frustrate copying, and not to the legal remedies available to publishers or authors whose copyrights are violated.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- Abandonment of Copyright
- Abstract Idea (Copyright)
- Access Protection
- Ad Interim Copyright
- Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act
- Adequate Protection [Bankruptcy]
- Affidavit of Copyright Claimant
- Amber Hangerman Child Protection Act
- American Inventors Protection Act of 1999 [AIPA]
- American Investors Protection Act of 2005