Country of Former Allegiance [Immigration] Law and Legal Definition
Country of former allegiance refers to the previous country of citizenship of a naturalized U.S. citizen or of a person who derived the U.S. citizenship.
It is different from the country of last residence. It is the country in which an alien habitually resided prior to entering the U.S.
Legal Definition list
- Country of Export of Softwood Lumber
- Country of Citizenship [Immigration]
- Country of Chargeability [Immigration]
- Countervailing Duties
- Country of Former Allegiance [Immigration]
- Country of Last Residence
- Country of Nationality
- Country of the Eastern Group of States Parties
- Country Reports on Human Rights Practices