Criminal History Law and Legal Definition
Criminal history means a record of offenses for which a person is has been found criminally liable and convicted.
The following is an example of a state statue defining the term criminal history. According to Va. Code Ann. § 19.2-119, criminal history means records and data collected by criminal justice agencies or persons consisting of identifiable descriptions and notations of arrests, detentions, indictments, information, or other formal charges and any deposition arising therefrom.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences [ACJS]
- Account History
- Administration of Criminal Justice
- American Board of Criminalistics
- Armed Career Criminal
- Armed Career Criminal Act (ACCA)
- Burglary and Criminal Trespass
- Center for Cryptologic History [CCH]
- Center on Juvenile and Criminal Justice
- Central Criminal Court Act