Cyber Terrorism Law and Legal Definition
Cyber Terrorism is the premeditated use of disruptive activities, or the threat thereof, against computers and/or networks, with the intention to cause harm or further social, ideological, religious, political or similar objectives, or to intimidate any person in furtherance of such objectives..
Cost Implications of cyber terrorism includes loss of sales during the disruption, intermittent access for business users, loss of intellectual property , costs of forensics for recovery and litigation, loss of critical communications in time of emergency, loss of confidence and credibility in our financial systems, tarnished relationships& public image globally ,strained business partner relationships etc.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- Act of Terrorism
- Anti-Terrorism Assistance Program [ATA]
- Anticybersquatting Consumer Protection Act
- Antiterrorism and Effective Death Penalty Act of 1996
- Antiterrorism Assistance
- Counterterrorism and Criminal Exploitation Unit
- Counterterrorism Finance Unit [CT Finance]
- Counterterrorism Office [Department of State]