Delaware River Basin Commission Law and Legal Definition
The Delaware River Basin Commission ("Commission") is a federal agency created in 1961. The purpose of the Commission is to bring the Delaware River under collective and balanced control, and to ensure fair usage by the states. The Commission conducts programs related to the following activities :The primary responsibilities of the Commission are the development of plans, policies, and projects which relate to the basin’s water resources. It also adapts and promotes uniform, coordinated policies of water conservation, and encourages the planning, development, and financing of water resources projects which affect the basin.[ 18 CFR 415.3].
The following are the activities undertaken by the Commission:
1.Establishing standards of planning, design, and operation of all basin facilities;
2.Sponsoring and conducting research on water resources and collecting and dispensing said data;
3.Initiating projects designed for flood protection, watershed management, recreation, hydroelectric power, water supply, and pollution control on behalf of compact members;
4.Compilying statistical information on ground water levels and publicizes them as needed in order to preclude regional water shortages;
5.Negotiating loans and grants to finance water resource projects, such as dams and reservoirs.
6. Planning, designing, acquiring, constructing, reconstructing, and maintaining projects, facilities, and properties as deemed mutually beneficial to compact members.
7.Regulating withdrawal of any water and issues permits for the same.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- 9/11 Commission Act
- Activity Drivers
- Affiliate of a Futures Commission Merchant, Commodity Trading Advisor, Commodity Pool Operator or Introducing Broker
- Agreement on Border Environment Cooperation Commission
- Alaska Nanuuq Commission
- Alcohol Beverages Control Commission (ABCC)
- Alert [Nuclear Regulatory Commission]
- American Battle Monuments Commission
- American Heritage Rivers
- Analytical Run [Nuclear Regulatory Commission]