Delinquent Child Law and Legal Definition
A delinquent child is a child of a certain age, who has violated a criminal law or engaged in a disobedient, indecent or immoral conduct. A delinquent child is usually in need of rehabilitation.
The following is an example of a state statute (Illinois) defining Delinquent Child:
According to § 720 ILCS 130/1a a delinquent child is any minor who prior to his 17th birthday has violated or attempted to violate, regardless of where the act occurred, any federal or State law or municipal ordinance.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- Abused Child
- Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act
- Administration for Children and Families
- Administration on Children, Youth, and Families
- Adopted Child
- Adoption Assistance and Child Welfare Act of 1980
- Adult Child With a Disability
- After-Born Child
- Aggravated Sexual Assault Against a Child
- Aid to Families With Dependent Children AFDC