Department Of Defense Sealift Vessel Law and Legal Definition
According to 10 USCS § 2218 [Title 10. Armed Forces; Subtitle A. General Military Law; Part IV. Service, Supply, And Procurement; Chapter 131. Planning And Coordination], the term "Department of Defense sealift vessel" means “any ship owned, operated, controlled, or chartered by the Department of Defense that is any of the following:
(A) A fast sealift ship, including any vessel in the Fast Sealift Program established under section 1424 of Public Law 101-510 (104 Stat. 1683) [10 USCS § 7291 note].
(B) Any other auxiliary vessel that was procured or chartered with specific authorization in law for the vessel, or class of vessels, to be funded in the National Defense Sealift Fund.
Legal Definition list
- Department of Defense Field Activity
- Department of Corrections
- Department Counsel [Energy]
- Department (Armed Forces)
- Depart from the United States
- Department Of Defense Sealift Vessel
- Department of Education
- Department of Energy
- Department of Energy Contractor Employee
- Department of Energy Organization Act
- Department of Homeland Security