Direct Supervision Law and Legal Definition
Direct supervision generally means to be physically present, or within an immediate distance, such as on the same floor, and available to respond to the needs of something or someone. Precise definitions vary by context and governing entity. For example, in the context of employment law, it may involve defining the degree of control over a worker's tasks. Direct supervision on a job may be defined by the degree of supervision by a person overseeing the work of other persons, by which the supervisor has control over and professional knowledge of the work being done.
The following is an example of a state law dealing with occupational therapy:
671-2-.03 Direct Supervision Defined.
Direct Supervision as used in the Law shall mean daily on-site, close contact whereby the supervisor is able to respond quickly to the needs of the client or supervisee.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- Actio Commodati Directa
- Advance Directive
- Advance Directives (Health Care)
- After-Arrival Mandatory Directive [Transportation]
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development [ASCD]
- Athletic Director
- Automated Export System Direct
- Basel Committee on Banking Supervision
- Board of Directors
- Border and Transportation Security Directorate [BTS]