Dog Bite Insurance Law and Legal Definition
Dog bite insurance is a kind of liability insurance that provides protection to dog owners from any liability in the event their dog bites someone. Dog bite insurance is typically a part of a home insurance policy. However, it can also be purchased separately.
Some home insurance policies include dog bite insurance as part of the package automatically. But in other cases, an individual may have to ask for it specifically. In such cases, the dog owner may be required to pay a relatively higher premium. Sometimes the price of dog bite insurance can also depend on the breed of the dog in question. Breeds with a reputation for aggressive behavior can sometimes require owners to pay more.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- Accelerated Life Insurance Benefits
- Accident Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment [Insurance]
- Accommodation Line [Insurance]
- Accountants Professional Liability Insurance
- Accounts Receivable Insurance
- Actual Cash Value Insurance
- Actual Delivery of Insurance Policy
- Actuarial Documents [Federal Crop Insurance Corporation]
- Actuarially Appropriate [Federal Crop Insurance Corporation]