Domestic Dispute Law and Legal Definition
A domestic dispute is generally any quarrel, which may or may not include violence, within a family or between members of the same household. Definitions are governed by local laws, which vary, and may also cover including any child or an adult or fully emancipated minor who is a spouse, former spouse, cohabitant, former cohabitant or person with whom a suspect has had a child or has or has had a dating or engagement relationship. It may or may not include criminal behavior. Local laws should be consulted for specific requirements in your area.
In a domestic disturbance an officer has every reason to suspect foul play.[Dean v. State, 2003 Tex. App. LEXIS 10044, 6-7 (Tex. App. 2003)]
Domestic dispute is also termed as domestic disturbance or family disturbance.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- 107th Meridian Boundary Dispute
- Alternate Payee to Qualified Domestic Relations Order
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Arbitration
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Mediation Law
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Procedures (Family Law)
- Alternative Means of Dispute Resolution
- Awards [Securities Dispute Resolution]
- Bargaining Obligation Dispute [Administrative Personnel]
- Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance