Dues Check off Law and Legal Definition
Dues check-off is the automatic deduction of union dues from employees' paychecks. In right-to-work states, where an employee may be able to resign from the union and decline paying union dues, there may be a window period between the time of such notice of declination by the employee and the termination of the deduction.
The dues check-off is usually an option chosen on the card provided to employees to register as a member of a union. The amount of such deductions vary, as well as the manner in which such funds are applied.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- 998 Offer
- Abuse of Public Office
- Accommodation Check
- Ad Officium Justiciariorum Spectat Unicuique Coram Eis Placitanti Justitiam Exhibere
- Adjudicative Officer [Education]
- Administering Office
- Administrative Appeals Office [Immigration]
- Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts
- Administrative Office of the United States Courts (AO)
- Administrative Officer