Emergency Law and Legal Definition
Emergency refers to the situation in which property or human life is in jeopardy and the prompt summoning of aid is essential.
The following is an example of a state law defining emergency:
Emergency means a condition or situation in which an individual has a need for immediate medical attention, or where the potential for such need is perceived by emergency medical personnel or a public safety agency. [Cal Health & Saf Code § 1797.70].
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- Agricultural Disease Emergency
- Alternate Non-Emergency Services Provider
- Appropriate Local Emergency Authority
- Controllable Emergency
- Correctional Emergency Response Team
- Defense Emergency Response Fund
- Economic Emergency Loan
- Emergency Abort [Aeronautics and Space]
- Emergency Access [Energy]
- Emergency Alert System