Enfranchisement of Copyhold Law and Legal Definition
Enfranchisement of copyhold refers to a transfer of copyhold land into freehold land. This was done either by including an enfranchisement clause into a deed of conveyance, or by a separate deed of enfranchisement. It is in the form of a deed of grant or conveyance.
Enfranchisement of copyhold is governed by the Copyhold Act. Conversion of copyhold land into freehold land is done by a release from the lord of seigniorial rights. Enfranchisement of copyhold is also done by a conveyance of the fee simple from the lord of the manor to the copyholder.
Legal Definition list
- Enforcing Awards [Securities Dispute Resolution]
- Enforcement Power
- Enforcement Hotline [Energy Conservation]
- Enforcement Bureau [FCC]
- Enforcement Adjudication [Energy]
- Enfranchisement of Copyhold
- Engaged in a Pattern of Racketeering Activity
- Engaged in Business (Firearms)
- Engaged in the Business [Firearms]
- Engaging in Terrorist Activity
- Engaging Men and Youth Program [Department of Justice]