Environmental Assessment Law and Legal Definition
According to 10 CFR 51.14 [Title 10 – Energy; Chapter I -- Nuclear Regulatory Commission; Part 51 -- Environmental Protection Regulations for Domestic Licensing and Related Regulatory Functions; Subpart A -- National Environmental Policy Act -- Regulations Implementing Section 102(2)], Environmental Assessment means “a concise public document for which the Commission is responsible that serves to:
(1) Briefly provide sufficient evidence and analysis for determining whether to prepare an environmental impact statement or a finding of no significant impact.
(2) Aid the Commission's compliance with NEPA when no environmental impact statement is necessary.
(3) Facilitate preparation of an environmental impact statement when one is necessary.”
Legal Definition list
- Environment and Natural Resources Division
- Envelope Expansion [Aeronautics and Space]
- Enumerated Power
- Environmental Assessment
- Environmental Audit
- Environmental Crime
- Environmental Differential [Administrative Personnel]
- Environmental Document [Energy]
- Environmental Education and Training