Environmental Lien Law and Legal Definition
Environmental lien is a charge, security, or encumbrance on a property's title to secure payment of cost or debt arising from response actions, cleanup, or other remediation of hazardous substances or petroleum products.
An environmental lien is a super priority lien taking priority over prior perfected interests in the subject property. It takes priority over any other claim or lien upon the property whether prior in time or not. [In re Perona Bros., 186 B.R. 833 (D.N.J. 1995)].
Legal Definition list
- Environmental Law
- Environmental Intervention Blood Lead Level [HUD]
- Environmental Information Document
- Environmental Impact Statement
- Environmental Impact Report [EIR]
- Environmental Lien
- Environmental Mitigation Activities
- Environmental Policy
- Environmental Protection Agency EPA
- Environmental Quality Improvement Act
- Environmental Racism