Executive or Administrative Personnel [Federal Elections] Law and Legal Definition
According to 11 CFR 114.1 (c) [Title 11 -- Federal Elections; Chapter I -- Federal Election Commission; Subchapter A – General; Part 114 -- Corporate and Labor Organization Activity], the terms executive or administrative personnel means “individuals employed by a corporation or labor organization who are paid on a salary rather than hourly basis and who have policymaking, managerial, professional, or supervisory responsibilities.
(1) This definition includes --
(i) The individuals who run the corporation's business such as officers, other executives, and plant, division, and section managers; and
(ii) Individuals following the recognized professions, such as lawyers and engineers.
(2) This definition does not include --
(i) Professionals who are represented by a labor organization;
(ii) Salaried foremen and other salaried lower level supervisors having direct supervision over hourly employees;
(iii) Former or retired personnel who are not stockholders; or
(iv) Individuals who may be paid by the corporation or labor organization, such as consultants, but who are not employees, within the meaning of 26 CFR 31.3401(c)-1, of the corporation or labor organization for the purpose of income withholding tax on employee wages under Internal Revenue Code of 1954, section 3402.
(3) Individuals on commission may be considered executive or administrative personnel if they have policymaking, managerial, professional, or supervisory responsibility and if the individuals are employees, within the meaning of 26 CFR 31.3401(c)-1 of the corporation for the purpose of income withholding tax on employee wages under the Internal Revenue Code of 1954, section 3402.
(4) The Fair Labor Standards Act, 29 U.S.C. 201, et seq. and the regulations issued pursuant to that Act, 29 CFR 541, may serve as a guideline in determining whether individuals have policymaking, managerial, professional, or supervisory responsibilities.”
Legal Definition list
- Executive Officer
- Executive Office of Immigration Review (EOIR)
- Executive Office for U.S. Attorneys [EOUSA]
- Executive Office for Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Forces
- Executive Office for Immigration Review
- Executive or Administrative Personnel [Federal Elections]
- Executive Order
- Executive Order 10988
- Executive Part of the Department
- Executive Privilege
- Executive Session