Extended Voluntary Departure [EVD] Law and Legal Definition
Extended Voluntary Departure (EVD) refers to a special temporary provision granted administratively to designated national groups physically present in the U. S. The benefit is granted because the U. S. State Department judged conditions in the countries of origin to be unstable or uncertain or to have shown a pattern of denial of rights.
Aliens in EVD status are temporarily allowed to remain in the U. S. until conditions in their home country change.
Legal Definition list
- Extended Unemployment Compensation Account - EUCA
- Extended Term Insurance
- Extended Services [Education]
- Extended Service Contract
- Extended Sentence
- Extended Voluntary Departure [EVD]
- Extended Warranty
- Extension of Approval [Mine Safety And Health Administration]
- Extension of Coverage (Health Care)
- Extension of Credit [Federal Elections]
- Extension of Emergency Access [Energy]