Extracurricular Activities (Education) Law and Legal Definition
Extracurricular activities are nonacademic activities beyond academic courses such as sports, creative arts, and performing arts. Generally, such activities are voluntary. Extra-curricular activities are non-paying, social, philanthropic, and involve others of the same age. Students often organize and direct these activities under faculty sponsorship. Student-led initiatives are also common. Most of the extracurricular activities, such as the school newspaper, photography, and drama, lead to careers.
Participating in extracurricular activities helps a student in looking good on college and job applications and shows admissions officers and employers that the person is well-rounded and responsible.
Legal Definition list
Related Legal Terms
- 504 Plan [Education]
- Abrogation [Education]
- Academic Competitiveness Grant (ACG) Program [Education]
- Academic Department [Education]
- Academic Field [Education]
- Accreditation (Education)
- Accredited Educational Institution
- Accrediting Agency [Education]
- ACG Scheduled Award [Education]
- Achievement-Based Education